Wednesday 4 June 2014

English 2 - Assignment 1 (Essay)

This was the first assignment for the subject English 2, we were given this task by our lecturer Ms. Cass.
And in this assignment, we were required to compare any two types of English language movies either based on true stories or superhero films. We were suppose to write a compare OR contrast essay about the two movies that we had choose and the objective of this assignment is to help us to understand more about the concept of a television genre.

First of all, I had decided to choose true stories instead of superhero films. I started off by watching both of the movies then moved on to doing research about the true stories of both movies. I got my sources from the internet, friends and books. After watching and researching about the movies, I started writing my pre-writing/short summary of my essay to show Ms. Cass my progress. Ms. Cass was patient enough to went through all the things I had written and corrected my mistakes.

I continued to work on my full essay with the pre-writing I had done. And it took me around one night to finish up the whole essay.
Below is the slides of my full essay,



After completing this assignment, I had learned more about the movie genre. In the process of doing research for my essay, I had studied a lot about the true stories, the authors and the real hidden meaning behind each story. I had also learned how to arrange and organize my ideas in a more proper way, clear and precise. The pre-writing part did helped me in further developing my points to a full complete essay.

Taylor's Graduate Capabilities gained through this assignment :

DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE 
I understand clearly about the requirements that were stated and followed exactly.
LIFELONG LEARNING
I had explored most of the possible sources and information while doing this assignment to ensure I could do it to the fullest and meet all the criteria stated.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS
I'm able to present my points and opinions in a better and clearer form without any miscommunication.

No comments:

Post a Comment